CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

MY MOTHER'S CHILD

'I live in a space inside my head,a cluttered space crammed with random thoughts about life, love and the struggle of being a 27yr old african woman trying to 'find' herself but losing her self in the process.I always vowed when I was growing up that I would do things differently from my mother. As the years have gone by I find myself modelling my life on the woman I thought I wasn't strong enough to become,'(If you ever have the chance to meet my mother even once, to be given the chance to be half the woman my mother is, you will know that you have been truly blessed) Finally I have had to embrace the fact, that I'm nothing but My Mother's Child....

Monday, July 28, 2008

If you're Happy and You know it...........

if you're happy and you know it
Clap your hands
If you happy and you know it
Clap your hands
If you happy and you know it
And you really want to show it............
Well you all know how the rest of that rhyme goes, a bit silly really. Not that anyone will want to be seen not clapping least 'the others' discover how sad and lonely our lives actually are...so instead we all happily clap along as if our lives are one big merry go around and we don't want to get off.Which brings me swiftly to Yours Truly. Well Yours Truly (from hence forth YT) is the man who Definitely Maybe was going to gallop down the alter with. Yes gallop not walk, DM was not going to leave any room for cold feet so a nice gentle gallop towards the alter to get that blood rushing and those feet blazing hot. Well to cut a long story short YT galloped alright, straight into the arms of Miss Face book Friend. Yeah face book don't get me started on that one, its right up there in the boyfriend snatcher top ten with them high school reunion and myspace websites you all know what I'm talking about but that's a post for another day. Okay back to being happy. I met YT and Face book Friend at the neighbourhood barbecue the other day, well it wasn't exactly by prior appointment. If I had known I would have worn my Im sooooooooo over you jeans together with my cropped top that screams I'm single and available (and maybe a little slutty) . YT and Face book friend just had to say hie trying to act like there is no bad blood between us. They looking all happy and having that 'we are so in love and its forever' kinda look. I'm dying to run away from there but instead I smile widely like a moronic fool and say rather loudly I'm doing great, fabulous, I'm having sooo much fun being single loving each and every day, I Have time to do all those things I ever wanted to, I'm catching up with my friends, there is this bloke that I have started to see but I'm not soo sure as there is another quite so wealthy guy asking me out. I'm doing great just marvelous. YT acting all cool shrugs and says "well I'm happy for you but if you ever need a friend........" (as if). Tried my best to ignore them, tried to flirt (dismally) with all the guys at Barbee just to show YT that I'm sooooo over you. which I'm not. I've cried, I have wept, I have screamed till my voice is hoarse. I'm not eating, I have scrawled I miss YT in my diary in big felt pens, I've been spying on him and Face book Friend on face book, myspace, high school reunion. Yeah I got it that bad but when the speakers start blaring the good old 'if you happy and you know it nursery rhymes look out for the girl with the huge grin on her face clapping the hardest and singing the loudest coz Yes I'm Happy and I really want to show it!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've cried, I have wept, I have screamed..." Ouch! a seeming phase we all pass through. But, must it always be???